Current Job Opening:
Position Title: Development Director
Reports to: Executive Director
The Organization: Nearly 45% of all pregnancies are unplanned, leaving many women feeling alone and uncertain of their future. By providing a safe environment to be heard and supported, Blue Ridge Women’s Center equips each woman to make an informed decision for her and her family. Blue Ridge Women’s Center is a Christ-centered medical clinic specializing in unplanned pregnancy, relationships, and reproductive health. Quality care is provided to all clients free of charge, regardless of race, religion, income level or circumstances.
Job Summary: Lead the donor development team that encourages, maintains, and increases philanthropic sources of income by coordinating all fundraising events and developing donor and other relationships within the community.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- With the Executive Director, coordinate and oversee all aspects of fundraising events such as Walk for Life, banquet, etc.
- Initiate and develop all appeals and marketing for new and existing donors.
- Maintain donor relationships through thank you notes, meetings, and calls.
- Develop, schedule, and deliver presentations to churches and other groups to promote the ministry of BRWC.
- With the Executive Director, devise and implement a plan for client marketing.
- Oversee and manage development team (Events Coordinator and Communications Coordinator).
- Provide facility tours for individuals and groups to explain the ministry of BRWC.
- Assist Executive Director by performing other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior, as evidenced by a consistent Christian walk, regular Bible study and church attendance.
- Must maintain a consistent sanctity of life position and would not refer or advise a woman to have an abortion.
- Must be committed to BRWC’s life-centric approach of ministering and not manipulating.
- Must agree with BRWC’s Statement of Faith, Mission, Principles, and Commitment of Care and Competence.
- Must be willing to maintain a professional appearance and manner.
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, and responsible.
- Must have the ability to organize and perform work in cooperation with other staff members.
- Must be able to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Dynamic human relations skills
- Competence in use of word processing, Excel, and database applications
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Bachelor’s degree in development/marketing, non-profit management, or a related field
- 3-5 years proven experience in non-profit events development/management and fundraising preferred
Company Culture: You will be joining a team of motivated Christians seeking to minister to women facing an unplanned pregnancy, equipping women and their families who choose to carry their child, and supporting those healing from reproductive loss. You will be joining a team who, through a personal relationship with our Creator, exhibits that same love for each other and our clients. This creates a safe, close-knit, growth-oriented team focused on carrying out God’s mission at Blue Ridge Women’s Center.
The Position: This position is 30-35 hours per week and salary will be commensurate with experience and education. Some benefits are available including vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, and a semi-flexible work schedule.
To Apply: Interested applicants should apply by sending a resume to email@example.com.